Friday, June 11, 2010

Successful soup and crumpets!

I woke up and had a bit of a slow start getting motivated to study. So I watched some TV shows until the guilt settled in. That was when I finally started studying. around 3:00pm I walked to the IGA and bought some beef stock and beef chunks so I could try making vegetable soup, again. On my walk back I found $15! YAY!

Once I got home I borrowed Suzie's roasting dish and put all of the veggies in it along with the meat and stock and a ton of herbs. I put it in the oven on low for about 3 hours. I studied in the mean time. The entire house smelled like a grandma's kitchen. When the soup was ready I quickly made drop biscuits. I shared my soup with my roommie Nicky. She enjoyed it very much. It was also her fist time eating biscuits. She enjoyed them as well.

I ate 2 bowls of soup and gave away 2 bowls of soup. There is still a ton of soup left over! Probably about 6 bowls worth. All of the biscuits were eaten right away though!

The start of the FIFA World Cup was tonight. It is being hosted in Johannesburg, South Africa, Nicky's hometown! So I did watch the opening ceremonies with her. It was pretty cool. Especially when they brought out a giant dung beetle puppet (Lion King Broadway style) and had it roll a giant soccer ball. I thought it was weird, but Nicky thought it was cool.

I then continued to study. A bit later on someone had made crumpets and offered one to me. I had never seen nonetheless eaten a crumpet before. It is a bit hard to describe. It is like a more bread like version of an eggo waffle with air bubbles in it. You toast it and then put butter and honey, or jam on it. It was pretty good.

I then studied some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment