Saturday, June 26, 2010

Last final!!!! Headed to Kalbarri

I woke up and studied all the way up until my exam. At 1pm I went and took my exam. I way over studied for it. The professor made it seem like it would be harder than it actually was. Out of 30 short answer questions there were 4 that I was unsure of. I just took educated guesses. We were allotted 2 hours and I was done in 1 (so were many others). I feel pretty confident about it.

I then ran home (literally, 1 because it was raining and 2 because I was very excited to be done with undergraduate finals forever!!!) I took a quick shower and packed for my 3 day camping, backpacking, rock climbing trip!!!!

Andrew came by to pick me up at 3:30pm. We took off and filled up on gas where Andrew decided that he wanted a small iced coffee. It was a special of 2 large iced coffees for $5. So he bought 2 of them. We then had a nice conversation about opportunity cost. How he spent and extra $1.50 for 3 times the amount he wanted and how we would now have to stop 3 extra time so he could relieve himself :)

Getting started. Just left the petrol station and Andrew is holding the straws for his iced coffees, driving, and looking at the map. Way to multitask!
The drive was 6 hours north to Kalbarri national park. One the way we stopped in a town called Enebba. We stopped at the servo station (service station) and got some sandwiches. I asked for a ham cheese and pineapple sandwich. It was on the menu. Not like I asked for a crazy made up on the spot sandwich. The guy came backed and asked me what I wanted on my sandwich 3 times and then the lady (cook?) came out and asked me 2 more times. I couldn't believe it.

We arrived in Kalbarri at 10pm and decided to camp out on the beach. After we set the tent up we went and explored a little bit. The moon was full and the tide was low. We did see a cane toad. It was about the size of my hand. I was going to pick it up and show Andrew when he told me not too because they are poisonous. Good thing he caught me, otherwise it would have been a very short trip. We fell asleep to the sound of the waves and beautiful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment