Thursday, June 3, 2010

bike riding lesson

Woke up and took off to my last economics tutorial ever!!! It was just like any other tutorial class. Pretty boring and lame. Then I had to dash off and try to get notes printed before my Nutrition Education class. I get to the print shop and stand in line for a computer. I finally get one, log on, go to blackboard, and open up my classes section and just scroll all of the way to the bottom for the last set of notes and print them off. When I got to class 5 min late we finished the lecture from last week (adolescents) and move to Young Adults and Adults. I only had notes for Older Adults. Somehow I missed an entire section for notes. So for about an hour I had to write down notes pretty frantically. We finally did get to the set of notes I did print off. What a relief!

Finished class and then had 1 hour to run home and make a lunch. Then I took off to my economics lecture. The teacher pretty much told us about the final. How many questions, make sure we know the definitions, how to draw diagrams, make sure we explain the diagrams...etc. It only lasted 25 minutes. Pretty awesome.

I then came home and did my laundry. WHOO HOO. I was down to my last pair of socks. I also decided to make a Texas BBQ sub for dinner. It turned out better than what Pizza King makes. I was very proud and very full afterword.

Then I took off for pancake night over at Sophies place. It was just Sophie, Mark, Syazrin, Andrew, and I. Everyone else bailed. But Suzie did not come. She was home all evening but never left her room. We also didn't bother to remind her. It worked out best that way. Especially after last weeks experience. Nothing major really happened at pancake night this week.

There was a bit of a try to teach a girl named Spendars how to ride a bike. This was a group of people outside of Sophies unit. Spendars is a 23 year old Chinese girl who never learned how to ride a bike. The only problems were that there were no training wheels and it was completely dark outside. She would try to ride and a couple of bigger guys would hold onto the back of her seat to keep her balance. She didn't really get it and kept falling over. (Don't worry, the guys just kept catching her and putting her back upright). She will try again in the day light.

No comments:

Post a Comment