Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dancing at The Mustang!

Again another pretty slow day. I woke up and did some stuff for about an hour and then was so tired I went back to bed for a 2 hour nap. Then I finished my essay about the Perth Mint and submitted it. I also watched a lot of tv again. I really just had a lazy day.

I took off around 8 or so and went out with a group of friends to a place called Ezra Pound. It was a very chill and relaxing bar. Very small and located in an alley. Literally, all of the tables were outside in the alleyway. It was a different yet cool atmosphere.

I was told that we were going dancing. So I left my jacket in the car and just braved the chilly air until we got to Ezra Pound. Turns out we were meeting people there and then going dancing. We sat outside until 10:00pm when the placed closed. I was pretty cold by then and super happy that it closed. Then only 4 of us went out to go dancing. Ironically the 4 that were there first! (Why in the world did we have to sit outside in the chilly air for an hour and a half waiting on people who didn't want to go dancing?) So eventually we made our way to The Mustang bar! (that is the place where we previously went swing dancing) This time it was a bunch of the younger crowd. Only certain bars are allowed to be open on Sunday's when there is a long weekend. Tomorrow/ Monday is the Queen's birthday so it was a three day weekend.

Dancing at The Mustang was a blast. We got there and ran into some friend of mine from my Australian Studies class. It was very obvious they had been drinking for a while. I walked up and started dancing with them and waved at them, it took about 10 seconds for it to click in their head that is was me. Then they all ran at me and hugged my and almost knocked me over. It was a bit amusing to witness that.

The bar had a live band that played a lot of today's top hits. It was a lot of fun dancing. Around 1 am we took off and headed back home. I was too tired to write my blog so I am writing it out this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment