Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lycee Berries

I woke up and chatted with my sisters. They are having a sister's week in South Carolina at Myrtle Beach. I was bummed that I couldn't join in on their activities because I'm studying for finals. But then they told me that they were all reading books and getting ready for bed, at 10:30pm. So it turns out I wasn't missing out on much. I then finished studying econ. After lunch I started working on Nutrition all they way until 5:30pm. There were a few study breaks in between.

Last week sometime Anna had me buy some fruit called Lycee. I have no idea if we have it in the US or not. She told me it was common in China. So I bought some and put them in the fridge and forgot about them until yesterday. So I cut one open and tried it.

Its on a small plate, like the kind for toast. To give you an idea of size I placed a US quarter beside it. First you peel of the skin and then it is a white slimy hard berry. Like a tough boiled egg. Then you cut, bite, tear away the white flesh and eat it and are left with a very big brown seed. Lycee is very sweet and fruity. It was a very powerful flavor and I don't think I liked it. So I gave the other berries to my roommate Nicky. She said that she ate them all the time growing up in South Africa. So apparently it they grown in Africa as well.
She like them and ate the rest of them. I was not a fan. I then watched a short TV show as a study break. I took off and headed over to Anna's around 6:30pm for a study group. Ariel joined us as well. We went through the practice questions for our Nutrition exam. I'm glad we did because I apparently don't have as good of a grasp on the information as I though I had.

After we were done studying we had some nice girl talk about things. I then hitched a ride home and decided to go straight to bed and get up early in the morning. I need to start waking up early and going to bed early to get ready for my finals. So I decided to post my blog this morning and just get to sleep earlier.

1 comment: