Thursday, March 11, 2010

Worlds Greatest Shave

Last night was Tav night. So everyone, except me, went to the Tavern to drink. Around 2 am my very loud roommates came back. Then all of the electricity went off and they screamed. Then 15 minutes later it came back on and they all cheered. So I really didn't sleep well. So I didn't work out this morning. I slept in instead.

After my classes I was informed that 4 drunk Curtin Students got into a car after drinking at the Tav and drove and crashed into a pole. One of them died. That is why the electricity went out.

One of my roommates Rikke from Norway thought that it would be a good idea to steal a keg from the bar with a guy that she just met. They got caught and banned from the only bar on campus. So she was in a bad mood all day.

Throughout Australia there is a big campaign to raise money for Leukemia. It is called "The World's Greatest Shave" Boys pay $10 to get their heads shaved and $5 to get their beards shaved. Girls can pay $5 to get their hair sprayed with colored hair spray. My roommate Suzie, who already had very short hair, got her head shaved today. I understand it was for a good cause it will just take some time to get used to.

I was supposed to go to the mall with a girl today. Once a week there is late night shopping until 9pm. We were supposed to leave at 5:00pm. I called twice. When I called for a third time at 6:00pm she finally answered and told me that she decided not to go anymore. It was too late then because it takes an hour to get to the mall via public transport, (7pm) and the busses stop running at 8pm. So I just stayed home and watched TV shows until 10:00pm.

Not very productive at all. But I got all of my homework done already.

2 comments:

  1. I see that Danielle has joined your blog. Tell her we say hello. Eric went home and dawn is thrilled. I went to dr and my cholestral is higher than back in nov. Guess I'm not good with diets. I tried to watch what I ate but usually ate alot when I would sit down to a meal. Went to see Rayelle last night. She seems to be in much better spirits. Took us to Ricks Boathouse near there condo. It is on a resivor. The water was frozen but the weather here was in the low 60's so we sat on the deck and ate. Went to the movie at 2 today and saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D. It was Super. Came home and finished housework. Uncle Don is comming Sunday so I washed the liv and din floor and dad washed windows. Dad is now trying to make the patio look good but it is full of dirty dog footprints. Sorry U had a bum day but that's what makes us enjoy the good days. Love You, mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha at least you get a bum day every once in awhile. i had one yesterday too. went and got my hair done. dyed it and cut it. and now i love it even more.

    ReplyDelete