Thursday, March 4, 2010

Free bread/ Plants/ Koi pond

Not much happened today. I had Econ followed by Nutrition Education for 2 hours and then another hour of Econ. I finished reading all of my microbiology. So in theory I should be all caught up from skipping in the intro class. Bought my econ textbook. Turns out textbooks are just as expensive here as they are back home. In the bookstore I saw a sign for diaries. I looked at them and realized that is what they call their daily planners/ datebooks. Also a schedule is called a 'timetable.'

When I was walking around campus this morning I walked by a table full of bakery goods and people just standing there talking. I asked what was going on and they informed me that the bread was from a local bakery and instead of throwing away the day old bread they give it away to college kids. So I got a free loaf of bread today!!! They only do it on Thursdays. They donate to a different charity each day. I was excited.

The campus here is quite beautiful. Today I discovered a "Birds of Paradise" plant. I'm pretty sure that is what it is called. If I am wrong please correct me. Here are pictures of the flowers. I think they look weird but I know that they are quite pricey back home. The campus also has a HUGE koi pond. In this picture I am standing on a bridge that goes over the koi pond. When I get my camera charger in from Hong Kong (where it was ordered from) I will be than happy to take more pictures of campus. But until then I am trying to save my battery life as much as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment