Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Food Sensation


Today I went to the Food Bank with my friend Anna. We did this as an assignment for class. Once at the food bank we met up with 2 ladies; Gemma and Vanessa. The project was called Food Sensations. The food bank does this for low income areas as an educational tool for healthy eating. We all traveled to Belmay Primary School. There we worked with the kids and reviewed the food pyramid. After that the kids split up into groups and made healthy snacks. They made pizzas, wraps, mini sandwiches, yogurt vegetable dip, and peach and yogurt parfaits. The kids were really great and had such a fun time with everything. It was a very fun experience.
The school is very open. You enter the school and then enter a courtyard in order to access the classrooms. The courtyard is one big square where kids go for recess. Everyone brings a lunch from home. And they eat it under a big shelter.
They hang their book bags up outside of the classrooms.

From 3:30pm until 9:00pm I prepared for my dietetic internship interview with Sarasota Memorial Hospital. I think I over prepared. But, I was really nervous. I think it turned out really well. I'm very excited about it and very relieved at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your interview went very well! Super! You, Tammy, and Todd are great at interviews. I envy you. Glad you had a neat experience @ the elementary school. Pancake night sounds like fun. Perhaps you need to see your economics professor to help figure out what he wants. Econ can be very confusing, as you are finding out. Loved talking with you yesterday.
    Love dad!

    ReplyDelete