Sunday, March 14, 2010

Queen Mary 2


Lounged around for awhile and then did a kickboxing workout. Then I went out with my roommate Suzie to Fremantle. The Queen Mary 2 cruise ship came into port today. It is the second largest cruise ship in the world and dumped off 3,000 people into the port city. So there were special events going on in the city. There were more vendors at the market, and many more street performers than usual. So Suzie and I went shopping. I got mom a stylish hat, the second graders little koalas that clip onto pencils, an oven mit (because I have burnt myself a couple of times this past week), and a couple of aboriginal painted dishes. Then we caught the tail-end of the farmers market and I got a ton of fruits and vegetables really cheap!!!! because they would rather sell them cheap instead of loosing money. I got 4 quarts of strawberries for $5!! Normally, they are $5 for 1 quart. So I made strawberry shortcake tonight for dessert after dinner. Turns out that this dessert does not exist here so my non- American/ Canadian roommates tried it and then they fought over it! That made me feel good. At least I can bake shortcake and smash strawberries for a scrumptious dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Can I have some of your strawberry shortcake too? Matt can bring it home when he flies back to the states from Australia. Did you get to go on the Queen Mary ship? Neat to see anyway. Twas good talking with you this morning and last night. Love to see your alwasys smiling face. My ole model, "be happy inside," cause it will radiate outward fits you perfectly. Had lunch with Con and Betty at 100 mile House. Mom and I actually ate breakfast. We split the toast (swirlled rye bread) and had eggs and sausage. Con and Betty had two surprise packages awaiting in their car when we got out - two young adorable pups; one was a white color and the other a neat chocolate color. Both are very adorable and gentle loving dogs. Will close for now. Have a super great week! Luv ya, dad

    ReplyDelete