Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pancake night

Had a bunch of boring classes today. Afterword, I worked on homework and then met with my friend Andrew for dinner at The Tavern. I had a pizza. It was really good. The crust was very soft. The pizza here is about the size of a dinner plate and it is meant for 1 person. So I guess it is like and adult size personal pan pizza. It is different because they do not use mozzarella cheese, they use their own cheese called Tasty. Same as American cheese for us. It is still very good and flavorful.

After dinner I came home and really wanted some dessert. So I made buckeyes (peanut butter and powdered sugar mixed together dipped in chocolate)! Obviously, no one here has every heard of them before. They turned out really well. I have never made them before so it was a bit of an experience. Everyone who liked peanut butter enjoyed them.

Then Nickey (my roommate) invited her boyfriend Gavin, friends Sophie and Shazyrin over and we made pancakes. Now keep in mind Nicky is from South Africa and Sophie is from England. So these pancakes are not like ours. They were pretty much exactly like crepes. We all put different things in them. Nicky, Shazyrin, and I put Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread), banana slices, and vanilla ice cream in ours. Sophie put lemon juice and sugar in hers. Suzie put a chocolate frosting and golden syrup in hers. Golden syrup it best described as honey and maple syrup mixed together. You can only get golden syrup in Australia. The crepes were all very yummy!!! It was a pretty good night.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. Did you ry any of the other crepes that your friends made? Keeping busy helps make the time go by faster. I use to bake every night when I worked at Caldwell home on the night shift. About 3am I couldn't keep awake so I would go to the kitchen and turn on the bright lights and bake. Kept me awake and the ladies loved what ever I made. Am headed to Dawns with your old soccer stuff for Angelicia to use as Dawn could only find kids shin guards. Have an eye exam today and I think I'l try and get new glasses as my lens are getting pretty scratched up. Dad is in Kalamazoo for a 3 day Rotary conference and the plumbers are digging up the front yard looking for a water leak as our water bill is $181. Last mo was $250. Sure hope they find it soon. Will leave now for Laf as I have no water here so can't do much. Love mom

    ReplyDelete