Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rainy day/ Greasy pancakes

Again, not much exciting happened today. Sorry I guess that is what you get near then end of the semester. I went to my econ tutorial this morning. I walked outside and though "it seems a bit cloudy" I made it to the edge of campus and it started raining. I decided it wasn't worth it to walk back (a decision I will soon regret). I had to get to the print shop before class so I could print off my notes. After econ (boring!!!) I then walked through the rain to my nutrition education class. We spent 2 hours learning that adolescent boys eat A LOT!!! That was about it. After that class I walked through the rain and cashed in a coupon for free coffee that I got for participating in a food sensory research project on grilled chicken. So I was able to cash it in for a Chai Tea Latte. It was delicious.

Then I went to me econ lecture, in the rain. After lecture I went to work, in the rain, and showed Katherine (another research assistant) how to work the program I've been using to enter the food records.

I then went home, in the rain, and studied for my food microbiology test that is tomorrow.

We did have our weekly pancake night! Suzie insisted on hosting it this week. Suzie really pissed me off tonight. First she insisted a week ago that she wanted to host pancake night. Then tonight she says "oh tonight is pancake night, I need 2 apples to make my pancakes. Kaylin do you have any apples?" She is such a tight wad. I know she didn't buy any apples because she knew that she could get them off of me for free. I was so mad because I only had 1 apple left and I gave it to her along with a pear as a substitute. The pancakes turned our pretty bad. She put way too much oil in the pan and pretty much deep fried them. They were also very floury tasting and bland. Then everyone came over and she commanded them to eat her nasty deep fried super oily pancakes and then sternly told them that they all have to do their own dishes bc she refuses! So I got up and started doing everyone's dishes (bc I live with her so I figured I should at least do it). I just though to myself that you don't host a party and then make everyone else clean! Then she started yelling at me for doing the dishes. I just told her that as the host you dont make people do their own dishes and that it was rude. She then said "Oh my it is 9:30...time for bed!" So I finished cleaning up and left all of her stuff out! There was so much oil that splattered everywhere that I was slipping on the floor! No worries, I left the oily mess. She can clean it up tomorrow when she wakes up.

UGH!! It just makes me upset that she insisted on being the host and then was so rude to everyone. She also complains all of the time about how dirty the kitchen is and tonight she left it a mess and refused to clean it!

Ok that was a bit of a vent. But I do feel better now. I love having so many roommates. (sarcasm).

No comments:

Post a Comment