Monday, May 10, 2010

Carmela's bad day.

Pictures are up for my Rottnest trip.

Slept in a bit this morning. All of that exercise yesterday from hiking, rock climbing, biking, swimming, and snorkeling took a lot out of me. After I got my butt out of bed I lounged around for a while and watch Indiana Jones. I hadn't actually seen it all the way trough before. Only bits and pieces from flipping through channels. I did make my way over to Subway for lunch. It was a $7.00 6-inch sandwich or a $10 foot long. I did get the 6-inch. I'm not sure if they have different sandwiches here or if Subway came out with a bunch of new ones lately and I didn't know because I'm over here. But either way it was filling and oh so good.

When I got back home I ran into my roommate Nicky and she informed me that our roommate Carmela no longer lived in our unit. She then proceeded to explain that Carmela's parent's called her last night around 11 and told her that her brother had been in some sort of boating accident. I guess he went camping with a group of people and at 6 am he and a girl went out onto the lake (this is in Canada) in a canoe. A while later the group found the girl washed up onto the shore and no sign of the canoe or her brother. The girl is in the hospital in an induced comma. Carmela booked a ticket home and left around 3 am last night. She packed up what she could. Her parents wouldn't really give her many details but she had a bunch of people commenting on her facebook page saying that they were sorry to hear... and that they give their condolences. Also since this took place in Canada the lake is too cold for her brother to really survive in for a long period of time.

It is such a shame that happened. It really stinks that there are only 4 academic weeks left until finals. Carmela is not planning on returning. She will have to retake all of her classes. The whole situation really stinks.

After that some other roommates came out and we had a descent discussion on the subject until I had to go to class. After class I came home and started working on homework. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment