Saturday, May 29, 2010

Economics Review Session/ Akmal Saleh

I woke up bright and early at 7:30am on a Saturday morning to go to an Economics Final Review Session. We have 1 more week of class and then a week off for studying and then 2 weeks of exams. I got dressed, ate breakfast and packed a lunch and snacks because I knew today was going to be a long day. The review session started at 9:00am. But we got there about 8:15am. All of the economics classes were going to this one review session. over 1,000 people were going to squeeze into a room that fit 200. That is why we got there early, to stand in line. Every 1.5 hours we would take a 5 minute break. Around 2:30pm (5.5 hours later) we had covered 10 chapters worth of material and there were still 5 chapters left. But the group of people that I know in that class Sophie, Sazryn, Sven, Piper, and Tomas and I all bailed. We just couldn't do it anymore. I was writing stuff down and I didn't even know what question we were answering. No worries we went backwards in the material so the hardest stuff was covered first, and the last 5 chapters were those that we learned at the beginning of the year.

I then went home and took a nice shower to further eliminate the stench of the Chinese medicine for my muscles. I think I was able to get rid of the smell completely this time. I then took a trip to the IGA and bought some milk, cheese, and yogurt. I was really mad that I had to miss the Farmer's market this morning for the review session because I am completely out of fruits and veggies :(

I then spent about 1.5 hours watching TV and letting my brain recover. Then I finished my reflection writing about my trip to Foodbank.

A friend had made some beef strogonoff for dinner and had too much. So I assisted them in eating it. Which is good because I really don't have much food. I was planning on making an egg sandwich for dinner.

I was able to scrounge up some people to go to the last show of the Comedy Festival that has been going on for the past 2 weeks. We went and saw Akmal Saleh. He was born in Egypt and moved over to Australia when he was 11. He was very funny and pretty entertaining. When we went before to see Michael Connell the tickets were $15 and it was a small venue. Apparently this guy is a big deal and his tickets were $36 and in a place called The Astro Theater (Very similar to Elliot Hall). We bought the tickets with about 30 minutes to kill before the show so we walked and found a nice ice cream place! By the time we got through the line we had to take our cones with us. So at least we got to eat ice cream for the first bit of the show. Kind of nice. Then came home and delt with internet issues until now, when I can finally post my blog. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment