Friday, April 30, 2010

Tiger Lil's

Sorry its a bit late.

Good old regular Friday. My morning lab was canceled in order to allow our groups time to meet. So I met with my nutrition education group and we got more of our presentation to second graders planned. It is over fruits and vegetables, so we decided to go with a pirate theme. Because scurvy (a vitamin C deficiency) was found to be an occurring disease amongst sailors and explorers a long time ago. So we are changing it to a pirate theme. At the end of the presentation after the have learned about Vitamin C and fruits and veggies that contain vitamin C they will have to plan a 3 day journey for a couple of pirates (we will pick to kids and give them an eye patch and bandana). They will design a menu of fruits and veggies (proper servings and variety). So I'm pretty excited about it.

Then I went to the bank to open an account and realized I forgot my Confirmation of Enrollment paper back home. I didn't have enough time to go back before microbiology lab. Went to lab and had a little bit of review for our test next week (yippy!) After lab I got my CoE paper and went to the bank and opened an account. Then I had to go to the Public Health building and turn in my information so they can get direct deposit set up and so I can get paid! The lady that I was supposed to turn it in to was out sick. So I ran around for a while and finally got it figured out. I eventually ended up at work at 4 (I was hoping for 3) and stayed until 6 when it started to get dark and I was getting hungry. Went home and had a light dinner/ heavy snack. I met up with a group and we went out to dinner! We went to an Italian place (I don't remember the name) and I got lasagna. It was $10 small and GROSS. I think it is because te cheese is so different. I'm not sure. But I wasn't satisfied.

Then we went to a bar/ club called Tiger Lil's it was an Asian theme bar. It was actually pretty cool inside. To dark to take pictures though. I met some more people there. Including a girl named Vivian who was from Hong Kong but went to University of Illinois for her degree. So we talked a lot about the differences in schools in Australia and back in the US. Also all of the foods we missed. Like bagels, animal crackers, spaghettios, and graham crackers. We went out around 11 to a place called Fast Eddy's. Back in Lafayette, IN this is a drive-thru car service place where you sit in the car while they change your oil and such. In Australia Fast Eddy's is a 24 hour diner like Route 66 but a bit more restaurant class. Anyway we went there to get cheesecake! But they only had the kind that you make and let sit in the fridge. Not the kind you bake (which is what I'm used to). So I got chocolate mud cake instead. It was DELICIOUS definitely made up for the nasty lasagna I had earlier.

Any way after cheesecake, we went back to dancing at Tiger Lil's. There I discovered that Vivian's boyfriend rock climbed!!!!! YAY!!! So there is a quarry near by where he goes to rock climb. So he will take me a some point in time!!

We ended up leaving at 3am. Got a hold of a taxi and got back to Mike's house around 4am. No one was sober enough or awake enough to drive me back. So I just crashed on the couch. I was returned home around 10 and have been getting caught up on things ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment