Saturday, April 17, 2010

Carmela's Birthday


Slept in today. My roommate Nickey and I went to the mall to find a gift for our roommate Carmela. We found a decorative box and bought of bunch of different things to put in it. We even got her a little girls dress up tiara!

After the mall we came back and I watch some TV. Around 6 people were supposed to come over and have a barbie for Carmela's birthday. No one really showed up until 7:30. Around 8 we headed out to the Barbie pit. I finally got to eat my dinner around 9pm. I headed back to my unit to clean up and put things away. All of a sudden the rest of the party came back to the unit as well. only the party had multiplied. There were over 30 people in our unit! We sang happy birthday and cut up the cake. Everyone was supposed to catch the bus at 8:30 to go to the bars but they had missed it. It was also the last bus. So they called cabs and had to wait over an hour for the cabs to get here. The party got very loud and very drunk very quickly. So I just went to my room and tried to study a bit more for my exam next week. Around 10 there was pounding at the front door. Someone had called security on a noise complaint. So security was able to get everyone to disband from the party. Thank goodness!

Nickey and I emerged from our rooms and discovered a very BIG mess in our living room. Beer bottles were everywhere and beer was spilt everywhere. Our whole unit smells like alcohol. We decided not to clean it up. We figured the person that hosted the party could clean it up. It was a pretty darn eventful evening.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, you sure throw a humdinger of a party - police and all -and I always thought Todd was the party animal. Honestly, sounds like you did the right thing by going to your room til things quieted down. Carmela's birthdy sounds like fun and you helped out. I called your sisterMichelle this morning and she said she just got off the phone with you as you had called to wish Finn a Happy Birthday. She truly appreciated your call. Proud of you! But first, hope your getting over your sore throat, congestion, etc. Z pak always works for me ( I know, I said this before)
    If need be go to the student health center - there must be one. Don't let it get any worse (I have a right to worry - I'm your dad). Again, acongrats - a job for $25/hr, and maybe it won't be as boring this time with Deb Kerr. Your contacts pay off as you are so personable, everyone remembers and likes you! Als, an A in your Food Micro lab test - That 70% C became an A, one of the highest grades in the class. Yea! (You even read it over again - good girl) And then in Econ you got 11 out of 12 right on a quiz you were fearful of passing. An Angel must truly be looking over you. Glad you saw your Econ prof and she is helping you with your project! Sounds like all this work is payinag off. See, it pays to be determined with an inner sense of confidence. You're proving to your self again that you can succeed. Yea!
    I met with Gary Williams, financial consultant, and he asked about you! He's as proud of you as I am. Went to the annual Purdue spring football scrimmage today. The weather was perfect, aroud 60 degrees, sunny and breezy. Great for the football players. It was fun.I wore your Australian polo shirt, oops, mine now. I love it! A problem with the belt; Australian size 40 must be different than an American size 40 as it barely fits around me. Mom says thats another reason to lose weight.But I truly like the belt! I wanted a Kangaroo belt rather than a crock belt, so you made the correct choice.
    Will close for now, love you much, dad

    ReplyDelete