Sunday, April 18, 2010

Red Bull Air Race!

I woke up and went to the Perth Red Bull Air Race. We left around 11am and returned about 4pm It was hot about 90 degrees and very sunny. We were lucky enough to find a place in the shade. The air race took place over the Swan River. There were inflated GIANT cones that the airplanes had to fly through that determined the course. The pilots had to do different tricks at each set of cones. They fly the course one at a time. The pilot with the fastest time wins! (just like any other race). There were preliminaries all day yesterday. Today the first race was at 12:30. It consisted of the top 10 from yesterday who competed for the top four spots. Unfortunately, the American who was in the top 10 didn't make it to the top 4. At 2:00pm the top four then competed again for placing. It was an Austrian who one followed by two English pilots. Here is some footage of a German who flew the course. No particular reason as to why it is a German other than I filmed a few pilots and this video came out the best.


My roommate Nickey and our friend Sophie got some amazing pictures because they have the big cameras with attachable lenses that are 6 inches long and have amazing shutter speed. They were going to let me borrow their pictures to put on my blog but I wasn't able to get a hold of them. So hopefully later I can update the pictures.

After we returned I pretty much spent the rest of the day studying for my economics exam on Wednesday (only the first half of the material) and the working on my economics project that is due tomorrow. I just need to do a few final touches tomorrow and I will be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment