Sunday, April 11, 2010

Recover day!

Today I woke up and scrounged around for what was still edible of what little food I had for breakfast. I posted all of my blogs entries and uploaded pictures. So check them out! I put 3 hours worth of work into them. Took a much needed shower around 11:30am. I had every intension of doing laundry today but decided to wait until tomorrow.

Sophie and I went the IGA (closest to us, but most expensive of the grocery stores) and bought necessary items like bread and milk.

After that I came home and went through all of my receipts from traveling in order to figure out how much money I spent. It was definitely more than I had intended. I just wasn't prepared for how expensive things were going to be. For example. A head of lettuce was $15 per kg. (this is because of the flooding that happened last month) The floods effected the priced of most produce. Therefore going out to eat at restaurants was quite expensive as well. At home in the US spending $100 on a dinner for 2 meant you had a very nice dinner at a very classy restaurant. Unfortunately, a dinner like that in Broome, Darwin, or Sydney meant you ate out at a regular restaurant. The bill was less then $50 if we ate at a pub. Another example was when we paid $160 for the two of us to swim in the croc tanks. We picked a date and paid about 1 month in advance. Did not realize that we still had to pay and entrance fee of $28 each to get into the Crocasaurus Cove. We assumed that was included in the price.

Anyway, I then went to the Fremantle farmers market and bought produce. When it is the end of the day they sell stuff very cheap there. I spent $17 on 3 very full bags of fruits and veggies.

I came home and made dinner. Then Andrew and Sophie came over and we played cranium. If any of you have every played cranium before you know that it requires at least 4 people. You must have 2 teams. So I bounced around and played on both teams. I would play on Sophie's team when it was her turn and then move to the other side of the table when it was Andrew's turn. The best part of playing on both teams is that no matter what happens, you win!

Now I'm just getting ready for bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment