Friday, February 19, 2010

Met a famous Australian actor today


I went onto campus with my roommate Crystal today. She is from South Africa and has lived in Australia for the past 4 years. We were walking to get to the bookstore and she suddenly squealed a little bit. Turns out an actor from a show that she loves was near the bookstore on his 'mobile,' we call it a cell phone. Anyways, so I got to meet an Australian actor named Ben Mortley. He plays an Italian character on Mcleod's Daughters. That is an Australian show. I only know about him because Crystal went fanatic when she saw him. I took a picture of her with him. She also got is autograph. I probably should have done the same, but I had no clue who the guy was.

I also got to travel outside of campus today! Crystal's friend David picked us up in his car and took us to the 'shopping center,' we call it a mall. At the shopping center was a store called Woolworths. I spent $114 on groceries that should last me about 2-3 weeks. MUCH better than Coles. Coles was the place that I shopped at when I first arrived and everything was ridiculously expensive.

I washed my $120 bed sheets today. They are still very stiff and starchy:(

Another achievement is that I bought Tim Tams. These are Australian's famous cookies. They are super delicious!

*another vocabulary word I learned today. We 'rent' things, they 'hire' them.

No comments:

Post a Comment